old/vintage stuffies

Have something interesting to share or comment about stuffed animals? This is the main place to do it.
alaska.75

old/vintage stuffies

Postby alaska.75 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm

i have a love for used/vintage/old stuffies. i rather buy a old plushy than a new one. i'm ever wondering how they're live was befor i "rescued" them.
i love especially old jointed teddybears. who else loves vintage plushies?

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Re: old/vintage stuffies

Postby StuffedParty » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:01 pm

I do. Although you can't really find many around here. But I love to find old stuffies in relative's houses and restoring and taking them here :D We recently changed the stuffing on an old teddy bear and made it like brand new. We were so happy with the results, we posted them on the site :D

alaska.75

Postby alaska.75 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:07 pm

i read the article, its really cool. i love to care for old stuffies too. restuff them and sew them and wash them :)

AllTheCuteThings

Postby AllTheCuteThings » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:47 am

I love buying used, and the funny thing is that once upon a time I would never have considered it because I don't know where it has been in terms of gross factor of kids slobbering on them etc.
The last few months since I found a filthy build a bear at goodwill and chanced taking it home and washing it in the washer showed me a lot just need a good wash.
Now my favorite thing to do is hunt the thrift stores for them!
It is also nice that they cost so much less than people charge on ebay for retired ones.
You can't beat 99 cents for a build a bear that people charge $10-$100 for on ebay!

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:47 am

Aint that the truth :D Sadly greed often get the better of people and ruins perfectly good hobbies.

Parker

Postby Parker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Yep, I even got out of a few because of that...

As for the vintage stuffies, I am quite interested to check them out, but haven't got any that would classify as such.
Stuffed animal collector

Return to “General Talk”